Apply to study @ GDC
The first step to becoming a fully qualified and sought-after designer is to let us know you’re interested in enrolling with us. Complete the short form on the left, and we will contact you to set up an individual interview at a time convenient to you.
For the degree programmes:
- Completion of National Senior Certificate with entry into Bachelor degree programmes.
- A minimum of 60% in English as a first or first additional language in school
- An ability to analyse and communicate ideas and concepts through a visual medium, to be demonstrated through an existing portfolio or by completing a drawing exercise at the college
For the Higher Certificate
- Completion of National Senior Certificate with entry into a Higher Certificate
- A minimum of 50% in English as a first or first additional language in school
- Call the Greenside Design Center reception at 011 646 1984 to make an appointment for an interview
On day of interview, bring along the following with you:
- Certified copies of your ID / Passport,
- Latest school results or academic record
- An art or design portfolio (photos of artwork can also be assessed), or a drawing exercise can be done during the interview)
If you are accepted and want to register, you will need to
- Complete the Reservation Form and pay the Reservation Fee
- Await correspondence from GDC in December regarding formal registration that will take place the following January.
What if you are currently completing grade 12?
Follow the process above, using the latest grade 12 results you have (for example 2nd term report). GDC can accept you provisionally pending your final National Senior Certificate.